Setting Tool for Wedge Anchors
Setting tool for wedge anchors
- Drive tool for correctly setting wedge anchors
- Remember BS 8539 states that all anchor installers must be ‘competent’ – i.e. suitably trained and qualified by knowledge and practical experience, and provided with the necessary instructions, to enable the required task(s) to be carried out correctly.
- Always make sure you have the correct setting tool for the length of anchor you have installed [as recommended by the manufacturer]
- Don’t forget when manually setting an anchor you will need a weighted hammer, a stop drill with the correct drill bit, hole cleaning equipment and PPE.
- You will know the manually setting tool has been inserted correctly because it will leave a witness mark on the lip of the anchor.