Protecta FR Graphite
- Pressure exerting sealant designed for firestopping combustible pipes and metal pipes with combustible insulation
- Contains a high concentration of heat expanding graphite to close down openings left by melting or combustible materials in the event of fire
- Prevents the spread of fire, smoke and gases around service penetrations in fire barriers
- ETA and CE marked
- Fire classification up to 4 hours depending on the situation
- Using a suitable backing material such as Protecta FR Backing is the best way to ensure the correct depth of sealant in the joint
The Protecta FR Graphite is a high specification formulation designed to prevent the spread of fire, smoke and gases through openings in fire rated walls and floors. The product may be used in more extreme transits such as cable trays. It expands when it is subjected to fire and closes openings around penetrations when any combustible or low temperature melting materials have burnt away.