Protecta® FR Acrylic
Protecta® FR Acrylic – Service Penetration Sealant
This service penetration sealant creates a robust fire seal by forming a durable intumescent char under fire exposure. By using a suitable backing material such as Protecta FR Backing is the best way to ensure the correct depth of sealant in the joint.
- High specification acrylic sealant with exceptional test certification for a wide range of firestopping applications.
- Prevents the spread of fire, smoke and gases around service penetrations and through linear gaps and other openings in fire barriers.
- Suitable for a vast range of pipework, cables and cable bundles in a wide range of wall, floor and ceiling constructions.
- Creates a robust fire seal by forming a durable intumescent char under fire exposure.
- Sound reduction up to 62dB with just 12mm single sided seal – maintains acoustic design performance in floors and walls.
- Using suitable backing material such as Protecta FR Backing is the best way to ensure the correct depth of sealant in the joint.
- FR Acrylic has a broad scope of testing combining numerous combinations of services and fire barrier constructions.
- Also tested as linear gap seal for construction joints.
- All testing supported by European Technical Assessments (ETA 13/0879 and ETA 13/0880).
- CE marked.
- Fire Classification up to EI 240 (4 hour) depending on the situation.