Protecta FR Fire Collars
It is important to realise that firestopping plastic pipes is critical as this is a prominent place where gaps can appear. Therefore it is important that a firestopping collar can expand quickly to close the aperture left after the fire has damaged the pipe. Additionally, for a contractor, it is important to compare the product performance of one product with another. As the steel fire collars have been classified as E120 a contractor can see that the product can stop the spread of a fire by up to 4 hours.
- Steel fire collars for firestopping Plastic Pipes (PVC-U, PVC-C, PE, LDPE, MDPE, HDPE, ABS, SAN+PVC, PP) Insulated Pipes and Cable Bundles
- Patented fast expanding graphite expands in the event of fire to crush down the melting pipe and close the aperture to prevent the spread of fire.
- For use in gypsum, masonry and concrete walls and floors with annular spaces from 0 – 30mm.
- Two-part interlocking steel shell with secure and simple locking device 0 collar does not have to be opened out to go over the pipe so is easy to install in tight spaces
- Pipe sizes up to 315mm.
- Tested in hundreds of pipe, cable wall and floor combinations
- Brand scope of use supported with European Technical Assessments (ETA 14/0249)
- CE marked
- Fire classification up to E120 (4 hours) depending on the situation
Are you looking for FR Pipe Wraps instead?
For a full guide on fire-resistant testing visit the BSI group website.