Firesafe Tie Mounts – 18th Edition Compliant
- Nail fixed metal cable tie mounts
- Zinc coated steel fire-resistant fixings for 18th Edition compliance
- Rapid fixing with cordless nailing tools including Pulsa 800, DeWalt DCN890, Hilti BX3 and GX3
- Nails are fired through the steel of the fixing tab – hole also provided for optional screw fixing
- For cable tie widths up to 9mm
- 2 Versions:
- FTM18-S – With innovative snap-off safety tab for holding and positioning the mount during nailing (Patent Number: GB2572656)
- FTM18 – Use with machines fitted with magnetic nose pieces
These unique MIDFIX products have been designed for use with gas and cordless nailing machines including Pulsa 800, DeWalt DCN 890, Hilti BX3, and GX3. Nail fixing with these machines is an extremely popular method of fixing cables in electrical installations allowing rapid cost-effective installation of cables with minimal effort and installer fatigue.
MIDFIX Firesafe Tie Mounts are designed for use with metal cable ties for fixing cables, cable bundles, and plastic conduit. Firesafe replace the plastic tie mounts currently in use to make the installation compliant with the 18th edition wiring regulations.
They are available in two versions: FTM18-S (Patent Number: GB2572656) has an innovative snap-off safety tab for holding and positioning the mount during nailing and can be used with all nailing machines. The tab allows the operator to safely hold the mount during nailing and snaps-off quickly and cleanly afterward. With FTM18-S it is unnecessary to change the nose piece when using the nail gun for different fixing types. FTM18 is designed for use with machines fitted with magnetic nose pieces which retain the mount while firing the nail.
Both versions are secured by firing the nail through the fixing tab or alternatively a hole is provided to allow for screw fixing.