BZP ETA Throughbolts
Bright Zinc Plated ETA Throughbolts
These CE-marked throughbolts have an Option 1 European Technical Approval making them suitable for safety-critical applications in both cracked and non-cracked concrete.
ETA Throughbolts achieve good loads and are quick and easy to install. They have the advantage of being through fixings with the drill size being the same diameter as the anchor. They are simply hammered into the hole and tightened to draw the cone into the expansion clip. Throughbolts are a type of torque-controlled anchor used in concrete, once fixed they expand, they rely on friction and must be installed using a torque wrench. Overall, they are a high-performance anchor that are relatively inexpensive.
- Approved for safety critical applications
- Premium torque controlled expansion anchors
- Suitable for overhead fixings into cracked concrete
- Medium to high load capacity
- Through fixings for easy installation
- Long thread lengths for versatility for fixing to multiple applications.
Testing & approvals
- European Technical Assessment ETA-13/0036
- Approved for structural use in cracked or non-cracked concrete
- Fire resistance tested
Further reading:Why select an ETA-approved anchor? BS 8539 guidance What is the function of a throughbolt
BS 8539 stipulates that anchors should be tightened to the manufacturer’s recommended torque settings.
This will ensure that anchors are consistently set to achieve the maximum load and the anchor material is not over-stressed.