This role will be responsible for providing direct support to the General Manager for Health & Safety operational requirements for the business and its facilities; to plan, budget, oversee and document business procedures and manage business improvement projects including IT, Operations, Sales and HR.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Health & Safety – Ensuring the business is legally compliant with all health and safety legislation. Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures. Monitoring health and safety risks and hazards within the business. Working with and training all employees to manage and improve the health and safety standards in the workplace. Being responsible for all safety inspections in the workplace and assist with the creation and management of health and safety monitoring systems and policies in the workplace. Managing emergency procedures (such as fire alarm drills) and organising emergency teams such as fire marshals and first aiders and any relevant training needs. Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations. Ensure regular servicing of appliances, equipment and materials is maintained.
• Facilities – General upkeep and maintenance of sites/buildings to ensure that they meet health and safety standards and also the legal/business requirements. Manage the cleaning, waste disposal, security and parking of each site. Be responsible for preserving the good condition of infrastructure and ensure that facilities are safe and well-functioning with planned maintenance activities scheduled.
• Business Processes – Analyze operating data and statistics to identify opportunities, develop action plans, and implement process improvements. Develop and implement process solutions to improve operational efficiency. Provide and deliver training programs on new processes as needed. Monitor and measure the benefits of post process implementation to ensure quality, efficiency, and improvement. Identify risks and issues in business processes and systems. Prepare business process reports for management and customers. Maintain and update all the process related reports for reference purpose. Assist in promoting the implementation of best practices throughout the business in all departments.
• Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
• Detailed understanding of Health & Safety practices
• Project management skills – prioritising, planning and budgeting
• Able to write detailed procedures and carry out audits
• Awareness of legal compliance requirement